Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Infection
World Health Organization. Hepatitis B Fact Sheet. 24 June 2022 . 〈https://www.who.int/en/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/hepatitis-b〉 (accessed 09/08/2022).
- Hepatitis B Collaborators. Global, regional, and national burden of hepatitis B, 1990-2019: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2019. Lancet.Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2019; 2022: 796-829
- Requirements for global elimination of hepatitis B: a modelling study.Lancet Infect Dis. 2016; 16: 1399-1408
World Health Organization. Global health sector strategies on, respectively, HIV, viral hepatitis and sexually transmitted infections for the period 2022-2030 . 〈https://www.who.int/publications/i/item/9789240053779〉 (accessed 09/08/2022).
Health and Safety Executive. Hepatitis B virus (HBV). 〈https://www.hse.gov.uk/biosafety/blood-borne-viruses/hepatitis-b.htm〉 (accessed 09/08/ 2022 ).
- Global prevalence, treatment, and prevention of hepatitis B virus infection in 2016: a modelling study.Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2018; 3: 383-403
- Disease burden and costs from excess alcohol consumption, obesity, and viral hepatitis: fourth report of the Lancet Standing Commission on Liver Disease in the UK.Lancet. 2018; 391: 1097-1107
- Chronic hepatitis B virus case-finding in UK populations born abroad in intermediate or high endemicity countries: an economic evaluation.BMJ Open. 2019; 9e030183
- Low hepatitis B testing among migrants: a cross-sectional study in a UK city.Brit J Gen Pract. 2016; 66: e382-e391
Public Health England. Antenatal screening standards: data report 2019 to 2020. 27 July 2021 . 〈https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/antenatal-screening-standards-data-report-2019-to2020#:~:text=coverage%20for%20antenatal%20SCT%20screening〉, screening%20in%202019%20to%202020 (accessed 09/08/2022).
National Institutes for Care and Health Excellence. Hepatitis B and C testing: people at risk of infection. 01 March 2013 . 〈https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ph43〉 (accessed 09/08/2022).
Health Protection Agency. Annual Review 2011 : Supplementary tables. 〈https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/363847/Sentinel_Surveillance_Annual_Review_2011_SuppTables.pdf〉 (accessed 14/08/2022).
Health Protection Agency. Infection reports. 26 July 2013 . 〈https://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.411.8077&rep=rep1&type=pdf〉 (accessed 14/08/2022).
Public Health England. Sentinel surveillance of blood borne virus testing in England. 〈https://www.gov.uk/search/research-and-statistics?parent=/health-and-social-care/health-protection-services-health-surveillance-and-reporting-programmes&keywords=sentinel%20&content_store_document_type=all_research_and_statistics&topic=7d55894e-5ba5-4495-8962-e7650e9a0559&order=relevance〉 (accessed 14/08/2022 ).
Burton A. , Kumar V. , Cullen K. , et al. The landscape of hepatocellular carcinoma in the UK in the past 20 years: the HCCUK/NCRAS partnership. National Cancer Research Institute Conference 2019 . 〈https://abstracts.ncri.org.uk/abstract/the-landscape-of-hepatocellular-carcinoma-in-the-uk-in-the-past-20-years-the-hccuk-ncras-partnership/〉 (accessed 09/08/2022 ).
- Case finding and therapy for chronic viral hepatitis in primary care (HepFREE): a cluster-randomised controlled trial.Lancet Gastroenterology Hepatology. 2019; 4: 32-44
Campbell C. , Wang T. , Burrow R. , et al. Estimating the epidemiology of chronic Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) infection in the UK: what do we know and what are we missing? [version 1]. Wellcome Open Research. 08 Aug 2022 , 7:203. 〈https://wellcomeopenresearch.org/articles/7-203/v1〉 (accessed 16/08/2022).
- RCGP Research and Surveillance Centre: 50 years' surveillance of influenza, infections, and respiratory conditions.Br J Gen Pract. 2017; 67: 440-441
NHS Digital. Read Codes: Terminology and classification. 〈https://digital.nhs.uk/services/terminology-and-classifications/read-codes〉. (accessed 09/08/2022 ).
- Ontology to identify pregnant women in electronic health records: primary care sentinel network database study.BMJ Health Care Inform. 2019; 26e100013
Department for Communities and Local Government. The English index of multiple deprivation (IMD) 2015 – Guidance. 2015 . 〈https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/464430/English_Index_of_Multiple_Deprivation_2015_-_Guidance.pdf〉 (accessed 09/08/2022).
Office for National Statistics. Local authority districts (December 2016) - names and codes in the United Kingdom. 12 June 2017 . 〈https://data.gov.uk/dataset/9b9e026f-02e7-4481-ab2b-cf19e3b9ea61/local-authority-districts-december-2016-names-and-codes-in-the-united-kingdom〉 (accessed 10/08/2022).
World Health Organization. Global hepatitis report, 2017 . 19 April 2017. 〈https://www.who.int/publications/i/item/9789241565455〉 (accessed 10/08/2022).
- Informing the design of a national screening and treatment programme for chronic viral hepatitis in primary care: qualitative study of at-risk immigrant communities and healthcare professionals.BMC Health Serv Res. 2015; 15: 97
- What do primary care staff know and do about blood borne virus testing and care for migrant patients? A national survey.BMC Public Health. 2021; 21: 336
- The role of primary health care in hepatitis B testing and management: A case study.J Community Health. 2018; 43: 38-47
British Association for Sexual Health and HIV (BASHH). 2017 Interim update of the 2015 BASHH national guidelines for the management of the viral hepatitides. 〈https://www.bashhguidelines.org/media/1161/viral-hepatitides-2017-update-18-12-17.pdf〉 (accessed 10/08/2022).
- Prevalence of hepatitis B immunity and infection in home self-sampling HIV service users.Sex Transm Infect. 2022; 98: 286-292
- Sexual orientation disclosure in health care: a systematic review.British Journal of General Practice. 2018; 68: e187-e196
Office for National Statistics. Sexual orientation, UK: 2020. 25 May 2022. 〈https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/culturalidentity/sexuality/bulletins/sexualidentityuk/2020〉 (accessed 10/08/2022).
- The HIV epidemic: global and United Kingdom trends.Medicine. 2022; 50: 202-204
UK Health Security Agency. Hepatitis C in England 2022 . 〈https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1057271/HCV-in-England-2022-full-report.pdf〉 (accessed 10/08/2022)
- Implementing routine blood-borne virus testing for HCV, HBV and HIV at a London Emergency Department - uncovering the iceberg?.Epidemiol Infect. 2018; 146: 1026-1035
Public Health England. Liver Disease Profiles: Statistical Commentary, April 2018. Public Health England; 2018 . 〈https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/liver-disease-profiles-april-2018-update/liver-disease-profiles-statistical-commentary-april-2018〉 (accessed 10/08/2022).
- Prevalence of hepatitis B and hepatitis C in a UK genitourinary medicine clinic.Int J STD & AIDS. 2017; 28: 238-241
Public Health England. Shooting Up: Infections among People Who Inject Drugs in the UK. 〈https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/ukgwa/20181111221221/https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/shooting-up-infections-among-people-who-inject-drugs-in-the-uk#history〉 (accessed 14/08/2022 )
Public Health England. Shooting Up: Infections among People Who Inject Drugs in the UK 2019 . 〈https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/ukgwa/20220121093137/https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/shooting-up-infections-among-people-who-inject-drugs-in-the-uk〉 (accessed 14/08/2022).
- Incidence and routes of transmission of hepatitis B virus in England and Wales, 1995-2000: implications for immunisation policy.J Clin Virol. 2004; 29: 211-220
- The spectrum of HBV/HCV coinfection: epidemiology, clinical characteristics, viral interactions and management.Ann Gastroenterol. 2015; 28: 221-228
- HIV coinfection among persons diagnosed with hepatitis B in England in 2008-2014.HIV Med. 2019; 20: 255-263
- Hepatitis B prevalence association with sexually transmitted infections: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Sex Health. 2021; 18: 269-279
Public Health England. Tracking the syphilis epidemic in England: 2010 to 2019 . 〈https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/956716/Syphilis_Action_Plan_Metrics_2010_to_2019_report.pdf〉 (accessed 16/08/2022)
Public Health England. Acute Hepatitis B: Annual report for 2018. April 2020 . 〈https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/877344/hpr3019_ct-hbv18_V3.pdf〉 (accessed 09/08/2022).
- Royal College of General Practitioners Research and Surveillance Centre (RCGP RSC) sentinel network: a cohort profile.BMJ Open. 2016; 6e011092
- Ethnicity recording in primary care computerised medical record systems: an ontological approach.J Innov Health Inform. 2017; 23: 920
- Improving GP registration and access for migrant health.Brit J Gen Pract. 2022; 72: 56-57
- Poverty among refugees and asylum seekers in the UK: An evidence and policy review. IRiS Working Paper Series.1/2. 2014; : 014
Sustainable Development Goals. Indicator 3.3.4. Hepatitis B incidence per 100,000 population. 〈https://sdgdata.gov.uk/3-3-4/〉 (accessed 16/08/2022 ).
- Socio-economic deprivation significantly impacts clinical management and survival in hepatocellular carcinoma.J Hepatology. 2018; 68: 623-625