- •There is a high burden of liver damage in people living with HIV in the post-HCV era.
- •Residual injury due to prior chronic HCV infection is an outstanding cause.
- •Nonviral liver disease is also very common, and 72.5% corresponds to metabolic associated steatohepatitis.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Progression to hepatitis C virus micro-elimination in people living with HIV in Spain.Clin Microbiol Infect. 2021; 27: 800-801
- Incidence of recently acquired hepatitis C virus infection among HIV-infected patients in southern Spain.HIV Med. 2021; 22: 379-386
- HIV/HBV coinfection: temporal trends and patient characteristics, Spain, 2002 to 2018.Eurosurveillance. 2021; 262000236
- Liver toxicity of current antiretroviral regimens in HIV-infected patients with chronic viral hepatitis in a real-life setting: the HEPAVIR SEG-HEP cohort.PLoS One. 2016; 11e0148104
- Prevalence and factors associated with liver steatosis as measured by transient elastography with controlled attenuation parameter in HIV-infected patients.AIDS. 2014; 28: 1279-1287
- Screening for liver fibrosis in the general population: a call for action.Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2016; 1: 256-260
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and the interface between primary and secondary care.Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2018; 3: 509-517
- The AUDIT alcohol consumption questions (AUDIT-C): an effective brief screening test for problem drinking.Arch Intern Med. 1998; 158: 1789-1795
- High prevalence of liver fibrosis among European adults with unknown liver disease: a population-based study.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2018; 16: 1138-1145
- Sustained virological response to pegylated interferon plus ribavirin leads to normalization of liver stiffness in hepatitis C virus-infected patients.Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin. 2013; 31: 424-429
- Regression of liver stiffness after sustained hepatitis C virus (HCV) virological responses among HIV/HCV-coinfected patients.AIDS. 2015; 29: 1821-1830
- Liver stiffness at the time of sustained virological response predicts the clinical outcome in people living with human immunodeficiency virus and hepatitis C virus with advanced fibrosis treated with direct-acting antivirals.Clin Infect Dis. 2020; 71: 2354-2362
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infection is associated with lower risk of hepatocellular carcinoma after sustained virological response to direct-acting antivirals in hepatitis C infected patients with advanced fibrosis.Clin Infect Dis. 2021; 73: e2109-e2116
- Non-invasive diagnosis and follow-up of chronic infection with hepatitis C Virus.Clin Res Hepatol Gastroenterol. 2022; 46101771
- A 2-step strategy combining FIB-4 with transient elastography and ultrasound predicted liver cancer after HCV cure.Am J Gastroenterol. 2022; 117: 138-146
- EASL 2017 Clinical Practice Guidelines on the management of hepatitis B virus infection.J Hepatol. 2017; 67: 370-398
- Novel liver stiffness-based nomogram for predicting hepatocellular carcinoma risk in patients with chronic hepatitis B virus infection initiating antiviral therapy.Cancers. 2021; 13: 5892
- Prospective study of outcomes in adults with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.N Engl J Med. 2021; 385: 1559-1569
- New drugs for NASH.Liver Int. 2021; 41: 112-118
- Causative factors of liver fibrosis in HIV-infected patients. A single center study.BMC Gastroenterol. 2020; 20: 91
- Fatty liver in hepatitis C patients post-sustained virological response with direct-acting antivirals.World J Gastroenterol. 2018; 24: 1269
- Epidemiological trends of HIV/HCV coinfection in Spain, 2015-2019.HIV Med. 2022; 23: 705-716
- Etiology of liver disease in adults with HIV in low and middle-income countries [CROI abstract 549].in: Abstracts From CROI 2022 Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections. CROI 2022 Abstract eBook. 2022: 214
- Coinfection by human immunodeficiency virus and hepatitis C virus: noninvasive assessment and staging of fibrosis.Curr Opin Infect Dis. 2012; 25: 564-569
- Gamma-Glutamyl Transferase (γ-GT) – an old dog with new tricks?.Liver Int. 2022; 42: 9-15
- Transient elastography for screening of liver fibrosis: cost-effectiveness analysis from six prospective cohorts in Europe and Asia.J Hepatol. 2019; 71: 1141-1151
- The roles of fibrosis index based on four factors and aspartate transaminase-to-platelet ratio index scoring systems as an alternative to transient elastography liver stiffness in liver fibrosis staging in human immunodeficiency virus and hepatitis C virus co-infected patients.Gastroenterol Res. 2021; 14: 209
- Journal pre-proof low accuracy of FIB-4 and NAFLD fibrosis scores for screening for liver fibrosis in the population.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2021; (Dec 29:S1542-3565(21)01358-6)
- The use of transient elastometry for assessing liver fibrosis in patients with HIV and hepatitis C virus coinfection.Clin Infect Dis. 2007; 45: 969-974
- Systematic review with meta-analysis: the diagnostic accuracy of transient elastography for the staging of liver fibrosis in patients with chronic hepatitis B.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2016; 43: 458-469
- Diagnosis of fibrosis and cirrhosis using liver stiffness measurement in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.Hepatology. 2010; 51: 454-462