- •223 Escherichia coli strains were isolated from neonates in seven hospitals in China.
- •The rates of antimicrobial agent resistance in Escherichia coli isolates were high.
- •The primary multilocus sequence types in Chinese neonates were ST1193 and ST95.
- •Different multilocus sequence types exhibited differences in drug resistance.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Epidemiology of UK neonatal infections: the neonIN infection surveillance network.Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2018; 103: F547-F553https://doi.org/10.1136/archdischild-2017-313203
- NICE guideline review: neonatal infection: antibiotics for prevention and treatment (NG195).Arch Dis Child Educ Pract Ed. 2021; 0: 1-6https://doi.org/10.1136/archdischild-2021-322349
- Identification and antimicrobial resistance of pathogens for neonatal septicemia in China – A meta-analysis.Int J Infect Dis. 2018; 71: 89-93https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijid.2018.04.794
- Aetiology of invasive bacterial infection and antimicrobial resistance in neonates in sub-Saharan Africa: a systematic review and meta-analysis in line with the STROBE-NI reporting guidelines.Lancet Infect Dis. 2019; 19: 1219-1234https://doi.org/10.1016/S1473-3099(19)30414-1
- Large-scale genomic sequencing of extraintestinal pathogenic Escherichia coli strains.Genome Res. 2015; 25: 119-128https://doi.org/10.1101/gr.180190.114
- Antibiotic resistance and molecular characterization of bacteremia Escherichia coli isolates from newborns in the United States.PLoS One. 2019; 14e0219352,https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0219352
- Emerging threat of multidrug resistant pathogens from neonatal sepsis.Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2021; 11694093,https://doi.org/10.3389/fcimb.2021.694093
- Genotypic and Phenotypic Characterization of Invasive Neonatal Escherichia coli Clinical Isolates.Am J Perinatol. 2014; 31: 975-982https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0034-1370341
- Infectious Diseases Society of America 2022 Guidance on the Treatment of Extended-Spectrum β-lactamase Producing Enterobacterales (ESBL-E), Carbapenem-Resistant Enterobacterales (CRE), and Pseudomonas aeruginosa with Difficult-to-Treat Resistance (DTR-P. aeruginosa).Clin Infect Dis. 2022; : ciac268https://doi.org/10.1093/cid/ciac268
- European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ESCMID) guidelines for the treatment of infections caused by multidrug-resistant Gram-negative bacilli (endorsed by European society of intensive care medicine).Clin Microbiol Infect. 2022; 28: 521-547https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cmi.2021.11.025
- Surveillance of bacterial resistance in children and newborns across China from 2014 to 2017.Natl Med J China. 2018; 98: 3279-3287https://doi.org/10.3760/cma.j.issn.0376-2491.2018.40.013
- Current trends in antimicrobial resistance of Escherichia coli.Curr Top Microbiol Immunol. 2018; 416: 181-211https://doi.org/10.1007/82_2018_110
- Performance Standards for Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing.30th ed. Clinical and Laboratory Standard Institute, Wayne PA2020 (CLSI Supplement M100)
- Association between antimicrobial resistance and virulence in Escherichia coli.Virulence. 2012; 3: 18-28https://doi.org/10.4161/viru.3.1.18382
- Antimicrobial resistance analysis of clinical Escherichia coli isolates in neonatal ward.Front Pediatr. 2021; 9670470,https://doi.org/10.3389/fped.2021.670470
- Pandemic bacteremic Escherichia Coli strains: evolution and emergence of drug-resistant pathogens.Curr Top Microbiol Immunol. 2018; 416: 163-180https://doi.org/10.1007/82_2018_109
- Global Extraintestinal Pathogenic Escherichia coli (ExPEC) Lineages.Clin Microbiol Rev. 2019; 32: e00135-18https://doi.org/10.1128/CMR.00135-18
- Escherichia coli sequence type 410 is causing new international high-risk clones.mSphere. 2018; 3: e00337-18https://doi.org/10.1128/mSphere.00337-18
- Molecular characteristics of the new emerging global clone ST1193 among clinical isolates of Escherichia coli from neonatal invasive infections in China.Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2021; 40: 833-840https://doi.org/10.1007/s10096-020-04079-0
- Rapid and extensive expansion in the U.S. of a new multidrug-resistant Escherichia coli clonal group, sequence type ST1193.Clin Infect Dis. 2019; 68: 334-337https://doi.org/10.1093/cid/ciy525
- Increase in bacteraemia cases in the East Midlands region of the UK due to MDR Escherichia coli ST73: high levels of genomic and plasmid diversity in causative isolates.J Antimicrob Chemother. 2016; 71: 339-343https://doi.org/10.1093/jac/dkv365
- Escherichia coli sequence type 131: epidemiology and challenges in treatment.Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2014; 12: 597-609https://doi.org/10.1586/14787210.2014.899901
- Prevalence and Characteristics of Sequence Type 131 Escherichia coli isolated from children with bacteremia in 2000–2015.Microb Drug Resist. 2018; 24: 1552-1558https://doi.org/10.1089/mdr.2017.0224
- Systematic longitudinal survey of invasive Escherichia coli in England demonstrates a stable population structure only transiently disturbed by the emergence of ST131.Genome Res. 2017; 27: 1437-1449https://doi.org/10.1101/gr.216606.116
- Characterization of antibiotic-susceptibility patterns and virulence genes of five major sequence types of Escherichia coli isolates cultured from extraintestinal specimens: a 1-year surveillance study from Iran.Infect Drug Resist. 2019; 12: 893-903https://doi.org/10.2147/IDR.S199759
- Outbreak of multidrug-resistant Escherichia coli sequence type 131 in a neonatal intensive care unit: efficient active surveillance prevented fatal outcome.J Hosp Infect. 2016; 93: 181-186https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhin.2016.02.014
- Escherichia coli ST131, an Intriguing Clonal Group.Clin Microbiol Rev. 2014; 27: 543-574https://doi.org/10.1128/CMR.00125-13
- Global dissemination of a multidrug resistant Escherichia coli clone.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2014; 111: 5694-5699https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1322678111
- Prevalence and characteristics of ST131 clone among unselected clinical Escherichia coli in a Chinese university hospital.Antimicrob Resist Infect Control. 2017; 6: 118https://doi.org/10.1186/s13756-017-0274-0
- The Clonal Distribution and Diversity of Extraintestinal Escherichia coli Isolates Vary According to Patient Characteristics.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2013; 57: 5912-5917https://doi.org/10.1128/AAC.01065-13
- Clonal composition and community clustering of drug-susceptible and -resistant Escherichia coli isolates from bloodstream infections.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2013; 57: 490-497https://doi.org/10.1128/AAC.01025-12
- Clonal structure, virulence factor-encoding genes and antibiotic resistance of Escherichia coli, causing urinary tract infections and other extraintestinal infections in humans in Spain and France during 2016.Antibiotics (Basel). 2020; 9: 161https://doi.org/10.3390/antibiotics9040161
- Prevalence and characteristics of Escherichia coli sequence type 131 and its H30 and H30Rx subclones: a multicenter study from Korea.Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2016; 84: 97-101https://doi.org/10.1016/j.diagmicrobio.2015.10.016
- Genomic analysis of factors associated with low prevalence of antibiotic resistance in extraintestinal pathogenic Escherichia coli sequence Type 95 strains.mSphere. 2017; 2: e00390-16https://doi.org/10.1128/mSphere.00390-16