- •Long-term antibiotic use linked to multidrug-resistant infections.
- •Bloodstream infection prognosis is closely related to time to effective treatment.
- •The use of antibiotic prophylaxis in patients with neutropenia need to be weighed.
- •There are still many drugs with in vitro activity against CR P. aeruginosa.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Efficacy of antibiotic short course for bloodstream infections in acute myeloid leukemia patients with febrile neutropenia: A retrospective comparative study.J Infect. 2022; 84: 1-7
- Results from a 13-Year Prospective Cohort Study Show Increased Mortality Associated with Bloodstream Infections Caused by Pseudomonas aeruginosa Compared to Other Bacteria.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2017; 61 (Jun)
- Cost Attributable to Nosocomial Bacteremia. Analysis According to Microorganism and Antimicrobial Sensitivity in a University Hospital in Barcelona.PLoS One. 2016; 11e0153076
- Global prevalence of carbapenem resistance in neutropenic patients and association with mortality and carbapenem use: systematic review and meta-analysis.J Antimicrob Chemother. 2017 Mar 1; 72: 668-677
- Inappropriate Empirical Antibiotic Treatment in High-risk Neutropenic Patients With Bacteremia in the Era of Multidrug Resistance.Clin Infect Dis. 2020 Mar 3; 70: 1068-1074
- Risk factors for Pseudomonas aeruginosa infections in Asia-Pacific and consequences of inappropriate initial antimicrobial therapy: A systematic literature review and meta-analysis.J Glob Antimicrob Resist. 2018; 14 (Sep): 33-44
- Efflux-mediated antimicrobial resistance.J Antimicrob Chemother. 2005; 56 (Jul): 20-51
- Substrate specificities of MexAB-OprM, MexCD-OprJ, and MexXY-oprM efflux pumps in Pseudomonas aeruginosa.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2000; 44 (Dec): 3322-3327
- DALI: defining antibiotic levels in intensive care unit patients: are current beta-lactam antibiotic doses sufficient for critically ill patients?.Clin Infect Dis. 2014; 58 (Apr): 1072-1083
- Characterization of bacterial infections in allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients who received prophylactic levofloxacin with either penicillin or doxycycline.Mayo Clin Proc. 2010; 85 (Aug): 711-718