- •Neuraminidase inhibitors (NAIs) susceptibility was maintained and no increase of resistant virus was found.
- •Treatment-emergent resistance was found in A(H1N1)pdm09 treated with oseltamivir.
- •H275Y mutants rapidly replaced the wild type after oseltamivir treatment.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Infection
Antiviral resistance surveillance in Japan (as of March 15 2017,). Available at: https://www.niid.go.jp/niid/en/influ-resist-e/7129-flu-r-e20170315.html. Accessed May 26, 2021.
- Japanese surveillance systems and treatment for influenza.Curr Treat Options Infect Dis. 2016; 8: 311-328https://doi.org/10.1007/s40506-016-0085-5
- Drug resistance in influenza A virus: the epidemiology and management.Infect Drug Resist. 2017; 10: 121-134https://doi.org/10.2147/IDR.S105473
- Global update on the susceptibilities of human influenza viruses to neuraminidase inhibitors and the cap-dependent endonuclease inhibitor baloxavir, 2017–2018.Antiviral Res. 2020; 175104718https://doi.org/10.1016/j.antiviral.2020.104718
Antiviral resistance surveillance in Japan (as of March 25, 2021). Available at: https://www.niid.go.jp/niid/en/influ-resist-e/10258-flu-r-e20210325.html. Accessed May 26, 2021.
- In vitro neuraminidase inhibitory concentration (IC(50)) of four neuraminidase inhibitors in the Japanese 2018-19 season: comparison with the 2010-11 to 2017-18 seasons.J Infect Chemother. 2020; 26 (Off J Japan Soc Chemother): 775-779https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jiac.2020.03.001
- High genetic stability in MDCK-SIAT1 passaged human in fl uenza viruses.J Infect Chemother. 2019; 25: 222-224https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jiac.2018.08.012
- Multiplex PCR for typing and subtyping influenza and respiratory syncytial viruses.J Clin Microbiol. 1998; 36: 2990-2995
- Real-time RT-PCR assays for discriminating influenza B virus Yamagata and victoria lineages.J Virol Methods. 2014; 205: 110-115https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jviromet.2014.04.016
- CS-8958, a prodrug of the new neuraminidase inhibitor R-125489, shows long-acting anti-influenza virus activity.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2009; 53: 186-192https://doi.org/10.1128/AAC.00333-08
- Meetings of the WHO working group on surveillance of influenza antiviral susceptibility – Geneva, November 2011 and June 2012.Relev Epidemiol Hebd. 2012; 87: 369-374
- Duration of fever and other symptoms after the inhalation of laninamivir octanoate hydrate in the 2016/17 Japanese influenza season; comparison with the 2011/12 to 2015/16 seasons.J Infect Chemother. 2018; 24: 718-724https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jiac.2018.04.013
- Single-reaction genomic amplification accelerates sequencing and vaccine production for classical and Swine origin human influenza a viruses.J Virol. 2009; 83: 10309-10313https://doi.org/10.1128/JVI.01109-09
- Universal influenza B virus genomic amplification facilitates sequencing, diagnostics, and reverse genetics.J Clin Microbiol. 2014; 52: 1330-1337https://doi.org/10.1128/JCM.03265-13
- Consecutive influenza surveillance of neuraminidase mutations and neuraminidase inhibitor resistance in Japan.Influenza Other Respir Viruses. 2019; 13: 115-122https://doi.org/10.1111/irv.12624
- Oseltamivir resistance–disabling our influenza defenses.N Engl J Med. 2005; 353: 2633-2636https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMp058291
- Effect of seasonal vaccination on the selection of influenza A/H3N2 epidemic variants.Vaccine. 2017; 35: 255-263https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2016.11.084
- Five years of monitoring for the emergence of oseltamivir resistance in patients with influenza A infections in the influenza resistance information study.Influenza Other Respir Viruses. 2018; 12: 267-278https://doi.org/10.1111/irv.12534