- •Characteristics of cerebral aspergillosis vary according to the presumed route of Aspergillus dissemination to the brain.
- •Galactommanan antigen is positive in the sera in 61% of the patients and in the CSF in 69%.
- •CSF analysis is often informative and should be formed systematically if possible.
- •Cerebral ischemic events are reported in 2/3 of patients with cerebral aspergillosis with contiguous extension.
- •Cerebral aspergillosis mortality remains high (45% at W6 and 63% at M12).
Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Central Nervous System Infections Due to Aspergillus and Other Hyaline Molds.J Fungi. 2019; 5 (30 août): 79
- Fungal infections of the central nervous system and paranasal sinuses in onco-haematologic patients. Epidemiological study reporting the diagnostic-therapeutic approach and outcome in 89 cases.Mycoses. 2019; 62 (mars): 252-260
- Fungal brain abscess in transplant recipients: epidemiologic, microbiologic, and clinical features.Clin Transplant. 2002; 16 (déc419-24.)
- Central nervous system aspergillosis: a series of 14 cases from a general hospital and review of 123 cases from the literature.Medicine (Baltimore). nov 2012; 91: 328-336
- Aspergillus meningitis: a rare clinical manifestation of central nervous system aspergillosis. Case report and review of 92 cases.J Infect. 2013; 66 (mars): 218-238
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Cerebral Aspergillosis: imaging and Pathological Correlations.PLoS ONE. 2016; 11e0152475
- Diffusion-weighted imaging in brain aspergillosis.Eur J Neurol. 2007; 14 (août): 912-916
- Improved outcome in central nervous system aspergillosis, using voriconazole treatment.Blood. 15 oct 2005; 106: 2641-2645
- Combination antifungal therapy for invasive aspergillosis: a randomized trial.Ann Intern Med. 2015; 162 (20 janv): 81-89
- Salvage combination antifungal therapy for acute invasive aspergillosis may improve outcomes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Int J Infect Dis IJID Off Publ Int Soc Infect Dis. nov 2014; 28: 80-94
Donnelly J.P., Chen S.C., Kauffman C.A., Steinbach W.J., Baddley J.W., Verweij P.E., et al. Revision and Update of the Consensus Definitions of Invasive Fungal Disease From the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer and the Mycoses Study Group Education and Research Consortium. Clin Infect Dis Off Publ Infect Dis Soc Am. 5 déc 2019;
- Adapting machine learning techniques to censored time-to-event health record data: a general-purpose approach using inverse probability of censoring weighting.J Biomed Inform. 2016; 61: 119-131
- Early-onset invasive aspergillosis and other fungal infections in patients treated with ibrutinib.Blood. 2018; 131 (26): 1955-1959
- Invasive mold disease of the central nervous system in children and adolescents with cancer or undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: analysis of 29 contemporary patients.Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2019; 66 (août): e27806
Groll A.H., Pana D., Lanternier F., Mesini A., Ammann R.A., Averbuch D., et al. 8th European Conference on Infections in Leukaemia: 2020 guidelines for the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of invasive fungal diseases in paediatric patients with cancer or post-haematopoietic cell transplantation. Lancet Oncol. 31 mars 2021;
- Invasive Fungal Carotiditis: a Rare Manifestation of Cranial Invasive Fungal Disease: case Series and Systematic Review of the Literature.Open Forum Infect Dis. oct 2019; 6: ofz392
- Neuroimaging standards for research into small vessel disease and its contribution to ageing and neurodegeneration.Lancet Neurol. 2013; 12 (août): 822-838