- •Infection-enhancing antibodies have been detected in symptomatic Covid-19.
- •Antibody dependent enhancement (ADE) is a potential concern for vaccines.
- •Enhancing antibodies recognize both the Wuhan strain and delta variants.
- •ADE of delta variants is a potential risk for current vaccines.
- •Vaccine formulations lacking ADE epitope are suggested.
- In vitro and in vivo functions of SARS-CoV-2 infection-enhancing and neutralizing antibodies.Cell. 2021; 184: 4203-4219
- Structural dynamics of SARS-CoV-2 variants: a health monitoring strategy for anticipating Covid-19 outbreaks.J Infect. 2021; 83: 197-206
- Antibody-dependent enhancement of dengue virus infection in U937 cells requires cholesterol-rich membrane microdomains.J Gen Virol. 2010; 91: 394-403
- A neutralizing human antibody binds to the N-terminal domain of the Spike protein of SARS-CoV-2.Science. 2020; 369: 650-655
- Potent neutralizing antibodies against multiple epitopes on SARS-CoV-2 spike.Nature. 2020; 584: 450-456
- The potential danger of suboptimal antibody responses in COVID-19.Nat Rev Immunol. 2020; 20: 339-341
- Leveraging coronavirus binding to gangliosides for innovative vaccine and therapeutic strategies against COVID-19.Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2021; 538: 132-136