- •More than 25% of patients with COVID-19 were asymptomatic.
- •Among patients with COVID-19, 26.1% presented anosmia, and 22.6% complained of ageusia with median duration of 7 days.
- •Mean duration of SARS-CoV-2 viral shedding was 24.5 days.
- •Irrespective of clinical manifestations, all patients with COVID-19 showed prolonged viral shedding.
- Covid-19 in South Korea - challenges of subclinical manifestations.N Engl J Med. 2020; https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMc2001801
- Rapid asymptomatic transmission of COVID-19 during the incubation period demonstrating strong infectivity in a cluster of youngsters aged 16-23 years outside Wuhan and characteristics of young patients with COVID-19: a prospective contact-tracing study.J Infect. 2020; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jinf.2020.03.006
- Self-reported olfactory and taste disorders in SARS-CoV-2 patients: a cross-sectional study.Clin Infect Diseas Offic Publ Infect Diseases Soc Am. 2020; https://doi.org/10.1093/cid/ciaa330
- Estimating the asymptomatic proportion of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases on board the Diamond Princess cruise ship, Yokohama, Japan.Euro Surveill. 2020; 25https://doi.org/10.2807/1560-7917.es.2020.25.10.2000180
- The Covid-19 pandemic and otolaryngology: what it comes down to?.Laryngorhinootologie. 2020; https://doi.org/10.1055/a-1095-2344
- Smell and taste disorders, a study of 750 patients from the University of pennsylvania smell and taste center.Arch. Otolaryngol. Head Neck Surg. 1991; 117: 519-528https://doi.org/10.1001/archotol.1991.01870170065015
- Identification of viruses in patients with postviral olfactory dysfunction.Laryngoscope. 2007; 117: 272-277https://doi.org/10.1097/01.mlg.0000249922.37381.1e
- Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus infection causes neuronal death in the absence of encephalitis in mice transgenic for human ACE2.J. Virol. 2008; 82: 7264-7275https://doi.org/10.1128/jvi.00737-08
- High expression of ACE2 receptor of 2019-nCoV on the epithelial cells of oral mucosa.Int J Oral Sci. 2020; 12: 8https://doi.org/10.1038/s41368-020-0074-x
- Epithelial cells lining salivary gland ducts are early target cells of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus infection in the upper respiratory tracts of rhesus macaques.J Virol. 2011; 85: 4025-4030https://doi.org/10.1128/jvi.02292-10