- •Initiation of IVIG as adjuvant treatment for COVID-19 pneumonia within 48 h of admission to the ICU can reduce the use of mechanical ventilation.
- •Initiation of IVIG as adjuvant treatment for COVID-19 pneumonia within 48 h of admission to the ICU can reduce hospital length of stay and length of stay in ICU.
- •Initiation of IVIG as adjuvant treatment for COVID-19 pneumonia within 48 h of admission to the ICU can reduce 28-day mortality of patients with severe COVID-19 pneumonia.
Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Coronavirus 2019-nCoV: A brief perspective from the front line.J Infect. 2020; (pii: S0163-4453(20)30087-6.[Epub ahead of print])https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jinf.2020.02.010
- Clinical course and outcomes of critically ill patients with SARS-CoV-2 pneumonia in Wuhan, China: a single-centered,retrospective, observational study.Lancet Respir Med. 2020; (Published OnlineFebruary 21, 2020)https://doi.org/10.1016/S2213-2600(20)30079-5
- Hyperimmune IV Immunoglobulin treatment: a multicenter double-blind randomized controlled trial for patients with severe 2009 influenza A(H1N1) infection.Chest. 2013; 144: 464-473
- Intravenous immunoglobulin and mortality in pneumonia patients with septic shock: an observational nationwide study.Clin Infect Diseases. 2015; 61: 385-392
- Immunoglobulin a modulates inflammatory responses in an in vitro model of pneumonia.J Trauma Injury Infect Crit Care. 2005; : 1099-1106
- Efficacy of intravenous immunoglobulin in the prevention of pneumonia in patients with common variable immunodeficiency.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2002; 109: 1001-1004
- SARS: Systematic Review of Treatment Effects.PLoS Med. 2006; 3: e343
- Current treatment options and the role of peptides as potential therapeutic components for Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS): A review.J Infect Publ Health. 2017; 11: 9-17
- Intravenous Immunoglobulin Protects Against Severe Pandemic Influenza Infection.EBioMedicine. 2017; 19: 119-127
- Clinical characteristics of 138 hospitalized patients with 2019 novel coronavirus-infected pneumonia in Wuhan, China.JAMA. 2020; (published online Feb 7)https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2020.1585