- •Pregnant women had higher rates of influenza-associated events than non-pregnant women.
- •Second-trimester women had the highest rates of influenza-associated outpatient visits.
- •Third-trimester women had the highest rates of influenza-associated hospitalizations.
- •Having any comorbidity was associated to an increased risk of influenza-associated events.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Influenza occurring in pregnant women.JAMA. 1919; 72: 978-980
- Influenza-related death rates for pregnant women.Emerg Infect Dis. 2006; 12: 1805-1806
- Deaths from Asian influenza associated with pregnancy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1959 Dec; 78: 1172-1175
- Risk factors for severe outcomes following 2009 Influenza A (H1N1) infection: a global pooled analysis.PLoS Med. 2011; 8 (Peiris JSM, editor)e1001053
- 2009 pandemic influenza A (H1N1) in pregnancy: a systematic review of the literature.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 205 (National Academies Press, Washington, DC): 10-18
- Epidemiology of fatal cases associated with pandemic H1N1 influenza 2009.Euro Surveill. 2009; 14
- Critical illness due to 2009 A/H1N1 influenza in pregnant and postpartum women: population based cohort study.BMJ. 2010; 340: c1279
- Influenza-attributed hospitalization rates among pregnant women in Canada 1994–2000.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2007; 29: 622-629
- Impact of influenza exposure on rates of hospital admissions and physician visits because of respiratory illness among pregnant women.CMAJ. 2007; 176: 463-468
- Impact of influenza on acute cardiopulmonary hospitalizations in pregnant women.Am J Epidemiol. 1998; 148: 1094-1102
- Maternal morbidity and perinatal outcomes among pregnant women with respiratory hospitalizations during influenza season.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 189: 1705-1712
- Effects of influenza on pregnant women and infants.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 207
Skowronski DM, De Serres G. Is routine influenza immunization warranted in early pregnancy? Vaccine. 2009;27(35):4754–70.
- Risk of acute respiratory disease among pregnant women during influenza A epidemics.Public Heal Rep. 1986; 101: 205-211
- Community influenza activity and risk of acute influenza-like illness episodes among healthy unvaccinated pregnant and postpartum women.Am J Epidemiol. 2006; 163: 838-848
- Differences in national influenza vaccination policies across the European Union, Norway and Iceland 2008-2009.Euro Surveill. 2010; 15: 19700
- ECDC scientific advice on seasonal influenza vaccination of children and pregnant women [Internet].ECDC. Stockholm, 2012 (Available from https://ecdc.europa.eu/sites/portal/files/media/en/publications/Publications/Seasonal influenza vaccination of children and pregnant women.pdf)
- Number needed to vaccinate to prevent hospitalizations of pregnant women due to inter-pandemic influenza in Sweden, 2003-2009.Vaccine. 2014; 32: 7135-7140
- The cost-effectiveness of vaccinating pregnant women against seasonal influenza in England and Wales.Vaccine. 2011; 29: 115-122
- A population-based analysis of predictors of influenza vaccination uptake in pregnant women: the effect of gestational and calendar time.Prev Med Baltim. 2017; 99: 111-117
- Emerging infections and pregnancy.Emerg Infect Dis. 2006; 12: 1638-1643
- Influenza during Pregnancy: A cause of serious infection in obstetrics.Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 55: 914-926
- Influenza infection and vaccination in pregnant women.Expert Rev Respir Med. 2010; 4: 321-328
- R: A language and environment for statistical computing.R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria2015 ([Internet]. Available from)
- Hospitalizations with respiratory illness among pregnant women during influenza season.Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 107: 1315-1322
- Primary health care utilization by immigrants as compared to the native population: a multilevel analysis of a large clinical database in Catalonia.Eur J Gen Pract. 2012; 18 (Taylor & Francis): 100-106