Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Infection
- Smallpox vaccine: Contraindications, administration and adverse reactions.Am Fam Physician. 2003; 68: 889-896
- Smallpox: A review of clinical disease and vaccination.Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2003; 60: 749-756
- Diagnosis and management of smallpox.N Engl J Med. 2002; 346: 1300-1308
- Myths in medicine: Immunisation.BMJ. 1994; 309: 1073-1075
- Compulsory vaccination in England: With incidental reference to foreign states.1884 ([London])
- The speckled monster: A historical tale of battling smallpox. Plume Books, New York2004
- Clinical investigation of smallpox in 1767.N Engl J Med. 2002; 346: 1326-1328
- The Jenner Museum. Accessed at www.jennermuseum.com; 2004.
Edward Jenner. An enquiry into the causes and effects of the varriolae vaccinae; a disease discovered in some of the western counties of England, particularly Gloucestershire, and known by the name of the cowpox; 1798.
An Act to extend the practice of vaccination; 1840.
An Act to further extend and make compulsory the practice of vaccination; 1853:1061–66.
Illustrated London News. Sect. 219; 1853.
- Communication and miscommunication of risk: Understanding UK parents' attitudes to combined MMR vaccination.BMJ. 2003; 327: 725-728
- Vaccination against smallpox-1806.BMJ. 2000; 320: 1061
- US National Library of Medicine. Accessed at http://www.nlm.nih.gov/exhibition/smallpox/sp_resistance.html; 2002.
- Edward Jenner's inquiry after 200 years.BMJ. 1999; 318: 390
Last smallpox victim speaks, man now advocates, administers vaccines. Columbia Daily Tribune; 2002.
- Responses to smallpox vaccine.N Engl J Med. 2002; 347: 690-691
Bedford H, Elliman D. Concerns about immunisation. BMJ 2000;320:240–3.
- World Health Organisation: Change and progress.BMJ. 1995; 310: 1518-1520