Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Influenza: the disease [online]. 2003 [cited 2004 July 29]. Available from: URL: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/disease.htm.
- Human influenza A H5N1 related to a highly pathogenic avian influenza virus.Lancet. 1998; 351: 472-477
Transmission of influenza A viruses between animals and people [online]. 2004 [cited 2004 July 29]. Available from: URL: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/avain/geninfo/transmission.htm.2004-07-29.
- Influenza virus: a master of metamorphosis.J Infect. 2000; 40: 218-228
- Transmission of viral respiratory infections in the home.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2000; 19: 97-102
- Human influenza resulting from aerosol inhalation.Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1966; 122: 800-804
- Gerba C.P. Goyal S.M. Detection of viruses on fomites. Methods in environmental virology: microbiology series. vol. 7. Marcel Dekker Inc., New York1982: 179-191
- Airborne transmission of influenza virus infection in mice.Nature. 1962; 195: 1129-1130
- Spread and prevention of some common viral infections in community facilities and domestic homes.J Appl Microbiol. 2001; 91: 7-21
- Survival of influenza viruses in environmental surfaces.J Infect Dis. 1982; 146: 47-51
- Rotavirus survival on human hands and transfer of infectious virus to animate and non-porous inanimate surfaces.J Clin Microbiol. 1988; 26: 1513-1518
- Survival of human enteric virus in the environment and food.FEMS Microbiol Rev. 2004; ([in press]): 1-14
- Nosocomial spread of viral disease.Clin Microbiol Rev. 2001; 14: 528-546
- Lessons from a nursing home outbreak of influenza A.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 1995; 16: 275-280
- Typing and subtyping of influenza viruses in clinical samples by PCR.J Clin Microbiol. 1995; 33: 1180-1184
- Comparison of three non-nested RT-PCR for the detection of influenza A virus.J Clin Virol. 2000; 17: 167-175
Infectious disease epidemiology, Arizona influenza activity. Arizona Department of Health Services [online]. 2004 [cited 2004 July 20]. Available from: URL: http://www.hs.state.az.us/phs/oids/epi/flu/az_flu_sum.htm.
- Medical microbiology.University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston1995 (p. 1–22)
- Dissemination of bacteria from the mouth during speaking, coughing and otherwise.J Am Med Assoc. 2000; 284: 156
Laurance J. What is this disease and why is it so deadly [online]. 2003 [cited 2004 Aug 2]. Available from: URL: http://www.ecology.com/ecology-news-links/2003/articies4-2003/4-25-03/sars.htm.
Sneezing [online]. 2004 [cited 2004 Aug 2]. Available from: URL: http://rotten.com/library/medicine/bodily-functioning/sneezing.htm.
The spread of avian influenza virus among birds [online]. 2004 [cited 2004 July 29]. Available from: URL: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/avain/gen-info/spread.htm.
- Frequency of mouthing behavior in young children.J Exp Anal Environ Epidemiol. 2002; 12: 259-264
- An observation study of object mouth behavior by young children.Pediatrics. 2001; 107: 135-142
Shaheen E. Microbiotest Inc Pre-saturated or impregnated towelette virucidal effectiveness test-influenza virus [online]. E-mail report to Charles Gerba ([email protected]) 2004 [cited 2004 May 25].